Saturday, February 23, 2013

FNSI: February 2013 Results!

Happy to have been able to participate in the first two Friday Night Sew-Ins hosted by "Handmade by Heidi".  In keeping with my new years resolution of sewing down my fabric stash and making a quilt top a weekend, I made a quilt top!  :-)  I used the Deb Strain fabric collection "Seascapes" put out by Moda.  It is all blues, teals, and white.  I wanted to take outdoor pictures today, but the New York weather isn't working with me so it was indoor pics or nothing:
 

I also decided to make a 4-patch with the remaining squares and once I pick out a border and back fabric, I'll also border and back the 4-patch to make a pillow cover.  The other pillow cover is from the leftover fabric from last weekend's quilt top in "Mama Said SEW" - the Sweetwater designed collection also put out by Moda:
Last but not least, I whipped up two little handbags with the rest of this beachy fabric.  I cut out three beach totes and the remnant was enough to make these:
 

 

Little Olive and her visiting friend were kind enough to model for me - ha ha ha.  I'm not sure I'm going to post these in the Etsy shop because I know I will sell them this summer at one of the handful of fairs we do.

Looking forward to seeing the results of other FNSI-ers!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from FNSI and you have done so much sewing! Love the blues in particular and the bags. Well everything really lol. I hope your productivity continues...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FNSI - so excited to see so much progress congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! very productive, Congratulations. Nice blues & I love those bags. Great fabric.
    Visiting from FNSI.

    ReplyDelete

Here's what I think...