Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009


I've always been a huge fan of Earth Day. When I moved to NYC in summer of 1990, I really hadn't known there was an Earth Day, but come April 1991, there were signs and ads regarding the South Street Seaport weekend celebration. I headed on over with some friends and while it wasn't a huge party like some events in NYC are, it has certainly gained in popularity. I've always been a recycler (and drove my parents crazy when I'd be rinsing out bottles, jars, and cans and they would say "just throw it in the regular garbage", but I just couldn't bring myself to do that). I try to do my part to conserve and I'm going to teach Ryan the same. She already knows teh separate garbage cans and the 'turn off the lights' - 'shut off the water'. I hope she continues to be a green girl!

Wishing everyone a Happy Earth Day - I'd love to hear if you did something different today in honor or what you normally do......Anyone??

5 comments:

  1. I didn't do anything special for Earth Day, I don't think there was an event here for it. I am sitting in the dark! I don't think that matters haha!
    That's cute about Ryan! I'm sure she will be a green girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't turn the TV on until 3pm... that's all I did, but I hope it helps.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) earth day is such a great day to share about how to help our earth. i played hangman with my after school kids using earth day related words to bring more awareness to their growing minds.
    ryc: thanks for stopping by my blog. every little comment gives me a perk.
    tomorrow is etsy day! :) so many wonderful days in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting and commenting on my guest post at My Rambling Thoughts!

    Happy Earth Day, I so feel you on the recycling. We even sent out a mass email to friends and family asking that all childrens gifts not consist of lot of plastic parts. They take too long to biodegrade and the kids can't possibly play with all of them. I suggested books, Music, instruments, Outdoor play items like soccer balls, volleyballs...etc.

    C-ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect site foг anyone who гeally wants to underѕtand this topiс.
    You knoω a whole lоt its almost tοugh to argue wіth you
    (not that ӏ аctually would want to…HaHa).
    You defіnitеlу put a freѕh spіn on
    a ѕubjеct whiсh hаs been written about for years.

    Excellent stuff, juѕt great!

    Here іѕ my homepage: newvisions.ch

    ReplyDelete

Here's what I think...