Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Morning!

Today I had a dentist appointment at 9am. Ugh. What a way to start the day!  But better to start out on the low-point.  On the way home, I popped into our grocery store to see if there were left over Easter plants on sale.  The tulips out front weren't priced, so I went to the florist counter.  About 15 more pots were on the back counter.  I asked the lady how much the tulips were and she said out front, $7.00, but the ones on her counter that were all "bad" were $3.00.  Perfect!  I looked through these and I tell you, I really wanted the bulbs for next spring, but the plants weren't in terrible condition.  Maybe the blooms weren't as fresh, but the pinks and purples were lovely!  I took three, one of which is all buds (lucky me), and then she threw in another and said $10.00 for the four.  Yipee!  So Little Olive and I whipped out our 'trowels' as she calls them.....



The yellow tulips are from Easter last year.  Since it has been so warm, they started coming up in February and bloomed last week. Crazy!  Don't you love the hat she gave me?

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to figure out what that hat was and now I realize it's the foil pot cover from Waldbaums! Wear it in good health!

    ReplyDelete

Here's what I think...