Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How angry am I right now??

VERY angry. I'm spitting nails. My blood is boiling.

I don't know why the concept of budgeting is completely lost on my husband. What part of 'revenues need to be more than expenses' does he NOT understand? We've been trying to cut down for YEARS, and I think of options, ask him his thoughts, try to agree on the course of action to be taken (which we usually do) and then he immediately ignores. SOOOOO you cannot imagine how freakin fuming I am right now over paying our credit card bill (which was way too high to begin with) and discover that he's got 4 separate charges for what.....you cannot guess and if you do I'll send you a prize....a god-damn computer game - Mafia Wars on Facebook. What are these $20 charges for? What does this do to better our financial situation? What 'necessary expense' did he spend on like toothpaste, toilet paper, socks? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT $80 THAT IS NOW EVAPORATED???? If he were making 6-figures and I was working PT and we had overflowing savings accounts - be my guest - go right ahead - waste money on an on-line computer game, but NOT while I'm working FT with the majority of the bread-winning sitting on my shoulders....no siree bob. This does not fly with me.

And you want to know the worst part?? I saw the first charge on the bill and called him out on it - and I was told "I will not do that again, I'm sorry".....and here it happens 3x again - and once just 2 days ago......Did I mention how angry I am right now????

7 comments:

  1. Time for you both to get on the same page? Check out http://www.daveramsey.com/
    We've been following him for 2.5 years - changed our lives, literally. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that sucks! I feel you on this one, $80 is way too much money to be spending on some facebook game unless you've got plenty of extra money to spend. Do you feel better after venting about it a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no!

    i got a cocktail with your name on it! (free of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also be fuming! I would hide those credit cards ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that would make me so angry too! You should chop those credit cards up. LOL. That's what I did to my man...lol. He appreciated it afterwards! :D

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Does he need an allowence like a kid? Get him a pre paid credit card and when it's gone it's gone until next month!

    ReplyDelete

Here's what I think...