Thursday, May 9, 2013

5-9-13: A New Batik Quilt!

Hello Quilt-fans -- Happy May!  And a Happy Happy Birthday to my niece Emilia who is 6 today!

I have not yet sewn with batik fabrics, and saw a gorgeous strip batik quilt that I instantly liked.  I then had the bee-in-my-bonnet to make a batik quilt.  I wanted beachy-batiks so I found "Tonga Treats" with blues, teals, and yellows.  I then went to Joanns to find a border and back fabric.  Here is the resulting top:
I will head out to my mom's this weekend so I can get the batting and finish it up.  Yay!  I'm hoping it sells at one of the beach fairs we do.  I think it would be great for a baby or toddler, but it is big enough to also work for an adult - or as a wall hanging.

I also want to update my bottle count:

Large Bottles: 11
Hotel bottles: 18
Samples:  5
Thread Spools: 1

Grocery Bag Garbage: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's what I think...